"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have a seat while I tell you The Story of a Friend

















SaramuZ sent to me this most wonderful gift. It came in the mail wrapped with paper and silk cord.
On the back was folded like she does in some of her wonderful handmade artist books, a note. She touches my heart with her unselfish generosity.
Inside this very interesting package is this wonderful art piece called "Have A Seat", which is exactly what I did do, had a seat, while I gazed at the work. I saw beautiful painted background with areas of crumpled magazine graphics showing through the fabric where she stitched and stitched sashiko marks that were placed precisely in this work of art. I photographed this, not so well, I am afraid, but I want to share this with you so I did it anyway.
Next, I brought this to the framer to be framed, and it is now hanging on the wall in my home. It really should be in a gallery, instead.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah gee! Glad you like it. It is perfect for you! I am so happy it has a home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612