"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, March 1, 2010

How I wrap gifts/Always something fun to do

Gifting is a pleasure especially when wrapping is another way to show you care. Origami is my passion as I said before. Creating boxes with a lovely paper and precise folding is another way to live in the moment. Below is an example of a wrap for a birthday present for a child. Below that is a paper bag that when printed and glued and laced with knitted indigo dyed cotton yarn cord is a perfect container for a surprise for someone special. A little indigo tissue and away you go.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

What a beautiful way to wrap a gift...I don't know, I'm thinking the oragami box is a gift in itself!!!
Thank you for sharing the template.

Unknown said...

I am not sure I would ever open it! Which reminds me of a book I read where the girl lived in Australia with her Mom, but when the Mom died, the girl left for N.Y. When she left, her Mom's best friend (who owns a book store)gives her a package wrapped in the stores signature paper. She doesn't open the package for a long time--not until the end of the book.
Did you make the tissue? Of course you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612