"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Letting Go



Sometimes, it is very hard to let go of what is near and dear to your heart. This holiday weekend was a very sad time for us. Our sweet faithful little pal Jilly died. We think she might have been bitten by a poisonous snake on her nose. We buried her under a tree and placed a giant heart rock we found a while back.
It seems there are so many memories we create in our minds of specific dates that make them easier or harder to recall. I have many memories associated with the fourth of July, some good and some sad.
I wish I could have turned the hands back on the clock to a little while before we discovered her. She was sitting next to me barking at a fake turtle that I was photographing while laying on my stomach. I showed her that it was not real. I wish I would have just held her for the following hour and then maybe she would still be here. She follows me into the woods where we walk. I will miss her dearly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Bobbie. I am so sorry. What a blow. How old was she? Tessie is 7 today. I will be thinking about you all.

Sandies' Patch said...

I am so sorry for your loss, poor Jilly.
Hold onto those sweet memories.

Hugs,

Sandie xx

Neuroknitter said...

Oh Bobbie :*( My heart is breaking to read about your loss. Poor Jilly. Big hugs! xoxo

Shirley said...

This makes me cry. My heart aches for you, Jim and Mom. Jilly was such a smart and sweet dog. I, too, will miss not seeing her when I visit in a couple of weeks. Love you!

Penny Berens said...

So very, very sorry. What a shock it must have been. May you continue to feel her padding along next to you as she still watches over you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612