"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, July 9, 2012

Look What Happens


Just when you think you have it all figured out. . .
this will work for this class
and
that will work for that class
and
don't even think about wasting time. . .
your are prepared,
right?

this is when the xxxx hits the fan. . .

You know. . . I AM a trouper!
for sure. . .
then
the wind blows
this wind blows like no other wind blows
no power
no lights 
no water
no phone
no nothing
for a week
it is high high humidity
and high high temperatures

but

I find beauty, anyway.
I took pictures of the damages
on the blue ridge trail
came home and the road. . .
our driveway
covered in huge trees.
Have you ever had to dig your way out of a hole?

My great aunty M used to say
that a house will die
if no one lives in it.
My great aunty Elsie
used to tell me that when I see the leaves on a tree
flip upside down
that rain will surely come
soon.
It will 
it did.
10 days later. . .
I stuck this linen fabric (above) upon the wall with stick pins
of an abandoned home.
It is dead, for sure.
But, to me, it is beautiful.
I printed a photo I took onto the linen.
A beginning for a work.
We shall see?

Hugs to all of you!
Now I have to play catch-up!!!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

So, so happy you survived it all and are back to civilization.
Love you,
Twirly

fjord girl said...

Wow- I hope everything thing is a little better Bobbie, it truly is amzing what we count on - take for granted...like flicking a light switch, and there is light. We too have had outages(but not like yours) and it alltogether stinks.
I love to see you progress in photography...todays images are truly special in so many ways.
Hugs to you
stay cool.

Neuroknitter said...

Oh goodness...I'm glad to hear things are settling down and you're ok, Bobbie! I was worried at the beginning of your post!

What an intriguing image on the linen. Very cool process!

Take good care!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612