"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Were it possible for us to see further than our knowledge reaches and yet a little way beyond the outworks of our divination, perhaps we would then endure our sorrows with greater confidence than our joys. For they are the moments when something new has entered us, something unknown; our feelings grow mute in shy perplexity, everything in us withdraws, a stillness comes, and the new, which no one knows, stands in the midst of it and is silent." 


Rainer Maria Rilke


Yesterday, I began the first page of my embroiderer's ledger with enthusiasm and that great feeling of beginning. That is such a good thing. always to be a beginner. I learn that while teaching my class of little one's and when I am visiting with my Mom.
I had to stop working on the ledger, to go to the center where Mom stays, now. I took her for a drive to Blacksburg, Virginia, to buy her some lipstick and we had a sweet time sitting outside eating lunch at Panera's.
I picked this restaurant because I have to help her walk and she can not do that very well, anymore, and to show her the blog Karenruane.blogspot.co.uk  on my Kindle Fire that has wi-fi. She loved seeing the work of Karen. My mom is losing her memory and is confused, sometimes. She is blind in one eye and has lost her sense of smell.
This past year has been filled with so many sorrows, sometimes I could hardly bear it all. But, the good thing is that she is so happy, now. The center is just wonderful and they are well equipped to deal with the physical and mental disabilities that Mom has. They take her to concerts and even the Senior Olympics. They helped her stand-up while she putted in golf competition. She won an award for her putting. The funny thing is that she never did that before, in her life, she just watched my Dad all the time.
So, you see, if I would have known, I would not have hurt inside, I would have experienced the illness of my mom with anticipation of the newness.
When I returned home in the evening with my needles, the package of yarn that my honey picked-up at the post office was on the kitchen table:



So, this is a snap of my morning coffee with the beautiful tools
and materials I have to work with today.

Let not your heart be troubled, and even if it is
there is something hidden in all of that.
Just wait upon it.
See?

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cherish it all. I hope your day is lovely!

Penny Berens said...

A big hug from me to you for I have been through exactly the same thing with my dear mother. Your mother's new home sounds like a really caring and interesting place for her to be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612