"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, January 26, 2017

On Being a Skywriter


Two books mean so much to my artistic nature: "Museum Without Walls," by Andre Malraux, and Marshall McLuhan's,  "The Gutenberg Galaxy."

The magazine I favor most is, "Wired."
I laugh to think what Leonardo would do, today?
I read real books,  have way too many to store, and I read many books on my Kindle or I Pad. The rest of my time I am either out looking for things worth seeing or drawing or painting or doing digital.
Oh yes, I write stupid stories and print them out, cut them into strips in my pasta machine, arrange the strips to please me, photograph them, change things, layer things, etc.
I most enjoy Mark Strand's poetry, Leonard Cohen's music (what a genius he was), Yoko Ono and Laurie Anderson are my favorite women.
I wish I lived in Africa when an air plane was a new thing. Being a skywriter would be the only job I would ever have.
I love why Mark Strand used the form of poetry prose, because he was unsure. Or prose/poetry?
I am very sure that I am unsure of many ideas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612