"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, January 29, 2010

I WANNA BE


When I was a wee little girl
My burning passion was to  get up at the crack of dawn
run ouside through the squeeky screen door
jump upon the upturned zink tub
to tap dance and sing as loudly as I might
"I wanna be a cowboy's sweetheart."
When I got a wee bit older I walked by myself four miles
upon the main boulevard
to the opening of a new bank
to
see
Roy Rogers!
Upon the wall of my very red bathroom
hangs a poster
of the beautiful women of the wild west
roping cattle
from the Gene Autrey Western Heritage Museum
My favorite place is Taos, New Mexico
and
Hans Christian Andersen's
homeland of Denmark
I also love to sing "On the Good Ship lollipop"
I played hit it you get it
with the boys on the playground and WON their marbles
Now, I will tell you for sure:
I have NO idea what all of this means.

And the best/worst of me is that I own a pair of red and green Ralph Lauren Cowboy boots
I wear these every Christmas with dresses to parties
and my very best friend fought me for these and lost.
One more thing
I got my most prized possession
my first library card when I was four years old. . . then
I learned how to use a computer in the early eighties
because our new library no longer had a card catalogue.
AND I own a Kindle

3 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

This is so great to read about you...so fun and unique you are...
I can see you in Taos...it is a favorite of mine too, in my imagination, I have not been there...yet.(one day I am going)
Love the cowboy boots.

Susan said...

Nice glimpses...Roy Rogers and cowboys boots - love it!

Unknown said...

I still wish I had won those boots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612