"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oh Lucky Me


This is a cold snowy blustery day outside
but you would never know it inside this room.
Yesterday, the package came from Camilla at
Magnolia Homespun.


Forever, I have wanted to make a sweater vest from Threads Magazine April/May 1990,
The cover of this edition has this sweater front and center.
It is quite lovely and the article is "Impressionistic Knitting,"
by Arlene Mintzer.
She uses many yarns with seed stitched pop-corns and some angora
every now and then.  Beautiful. Embroidery is on the list of techniques along with single-crochet collar edging then plaited ribbing around the sleeve openings.
I think her idea of calling this Spring as a title is what made me decide to do this now.
I have been buying yarn for this from Camilla for a while and now
it is ready to be used. It is so soft and the colors are beautiful, these are from her
Twist and Twine Yarn edition all hand dyed. Her new blog,  Free Range Chick is wonderful.

 At this time I am working on Goony birds, Dreamscape Thread Paintings which is a series,
and now this vest.
I run back and forth to see Mom. She has her good days and her bad days.
We rescued her for a few hours to go shopping for new shoes and a scrapbook the other day.
A haircut was a happening that day, as well.
My classes with the children are going well and it is such a pleasure to work with them.
I am living for each moment to concentrate on the NOW.
One more thing, I signed up for a photography class to help me learn more about using
this camera. I have a long way to go but I am enjoying this journey.
So, this is what is up with me.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

fjord girl said...

That pattern looks so fun to knit- I bet you will have a wonderful time creating with all the colors. Your home looks interesting, it must be a lovely place Bobbie, with all the colors and loving those screens...Post some of your work from the photog class Bobbie- it would be fun to see what you are learning!
Happy weekend.
xo
Camilla

Shirley said...

Beautiful yarn and sweater. I can't wait to see the final product.
Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612