"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Indian Corn and Sweet Potato



Posted by PicasaSweet Potato Vine grows above the forest floor.  Deep coolness
rises to where I gaze at the sight of  "Indian Corn" colorway sock
yarn. Machine embroidery piece peeks out from underneath silk shibori
just untied and over the swatch which is my task for this summer day.
The bird songs remind me of the words of my friends who can fly
here.
I am thinking of Isak Dinesen. Her courage to start a coffee plantation
even though not of her own choosing and to make it work until the
end when the fire came after she had lost her love in the plane crash inspires
me. When I think of her insistence to dine graciously with friends using her lovely
china listening to the music and the kindness she showed to the natives who worked
for her all the years on her farm  this is what makes a good story teller for she
had many stories to tell of her life in Africa. Her story, "Babette's Feast", is breathtaking.
I always tell stories. Most are not true. It is a form of performance art to me.
I like to see what happens when I set an idea in motion because human beings
are so totally unpredictable. But, I will tell you that today what I say is true...





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truth is fiction, Fiction truth?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612