"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Posted by Picasa


Never a dull moment around here. Mom and I drove to Batik etc. last week to find a bit of inspiration. Have you ever been to a better quilt shop? NOT! My mom used to be a quilter in her younger days. I am not a quilter, as she says so. But, I do use cloth. I create my own cloth, usually silk, which I dye, knit, weave, and/or manipulate in many ways, but this is not about me! They showed her how to make a basket; that is all it took to set her in motion. This is the first fruit of her labor.

4 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Oh gosh...I love that.
That is so beautiful and practical.
I am thinking I defintly need one...
That is so nice that you and your mom have fibers in common-I have the same thing with mine.
Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Wow I am so impressed. I think I used to make these--fabric wrapped around clothes line or cord? My fabric wasn't so cool though. She should put them on Etsy! Please tell her I really like them and am looking forward to seeing more.

Shirley said...

Tell Mom I think her basket is beautifu!
Love,
Twirl

Leroy Parker said...

Hi Bobbie-- wonderful presentation of your Mom's fab basket. The blurred shot is heaven w the rest. You sure got Camilla moving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612