"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18 - A - Muse - Ing





The muse is Anita Albus who wrote The Art of Arts which is my favorite book.
I collect all kinds of books but I love pretty books that are designed well, not to
mention, the writing within has to be something that stays with me for a long time.
This book is everything.

What is amusing is that I spend so much time trying things out. . .
I downloaded a trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 to see if I like it.
I could spend time finishing this thread painting and be done with it, but
as usual, for this month, I spend way to much time on photography.




I am almost finished with this piece for the photo self-portrait thread painting.
I will hold this to a mirror so the type will show correctly. This is done entirely
as a mirror image, in other words, the type is backward.
This has been quite a journey to finish this.
Then, a photo, and next to the framer.
P.S. My fiber studio is a mess and the light is not good for a photo op.
But, as they say these days, "Do It Anyways."



In this photo you can see the messes I make and more of the
total thread painting.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612