"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 31 ~ Picturing Fall ~ Giving Thanks


Swan Song

This is the last day of this photo workshop with Tracy Clark
of Shutter Sisters. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity
to participate with everyone in the class. I have learned so much
and I am very inspired to continue on in this quest I have claimed.
Simplicity is the important thought I take away from this class.
Eliminating is harder than you might think. Choosing is harder
than you might think.

I would consider that learning something new, even though
I am trained in the classical way as one who strives to create
something that did not exist before with beauty in mind,  is a
bit confusing, as in learning to ride a bike, for instance, while
in the moment you forget that you know how to walk or how
to cross a street safely, you forget all of that and struggle to
not fall over and crash.

One day, you find that you know how to ride a bike. Then
you just do it.

It will be a while before I am at that point with photography.


Swan Song #2

Now it is time to take a breath to think about it all.

Take time to be objective.

Take time to enjoy the rest of my life.

Take time to just be thankful.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612