"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Now I Lay Me Down
 Bobbie Casey 2017 All Rights Reserved

When I was a child I would lay in my bed and worry that I might die. My mother taught us the prayer:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord 
my soul to keep
If I should die
Before I wake
I pray the lord
my soul to take

I have no idea who wrote this. Just Google IT, you say? I will get lost in a tangent. . .Anyways, now I understand what this means. My mother has been in hospice care off and on for the past two years. She recovers both her mind and her strength, periodically. It is truly amazing. Where she is is allowing no visitors. period.
I feel sad, a lot. I have some issues of my own. It seems that I must believe that what happens is part of God's plan, whatever you call Him? The moment we are born we begin that process of dying, I have been told. I hope for my mom that whenever that may be, which no one knows, it be in her sleep peaceful and content of having lived a life worth living. I appreciate experiences more each day. Things just tether us down. It is the quality of being present in your life that is where the answer is simply. May the force be with you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612