"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Life Joy


In preparation for the indigo day at my house on Wednesday: Joy for sure is in my heart. It is always the little things that make me smile. I am sharing this experience that I have watching green and yellow turn into blue upon the fabric that has been manipulated by stitching and folding, Shibori.
The magic happens when the air hits the fibers. Blue Blue Blue
I love blue, like the sky, like my fences, like the reflection in water of a clear blue day.
Lunch under the umbrella at the table with good food and friends, like I say, it is always the little things that make me smile.
I will share some photographs after the event.
Yoshika Wada is the person who sparked my interest in this technique a few years ago at Arrowmont.
T. May was there and she inspired me to be loose in working with fiber. Nancy Crow was by my side when I was stung by a yellow jacket on the courtyard outside the classrooms. I saw her later in NYC
when I was visiting my good friend Sue Wall and Rhoda Lenvinson was there, as well.
That period of time was full of life changing moments for me. I was building a foundation for my life as I know it now. The Dalai Lama talks about what happens if you build a foundation on ice and what happens when it melts. That year I was surrounded by rocks.Am I happy about that!
I count the blessings in my life, everything I need, I have. How fortunate to be able to share it all.

School starts next week, I am looking forward to setting a few hearts on fire for the creative experiences that can be ours.

I am still working on my new blog, I fit the time into this crazy schedule of mine.

I wish for you a beautiful day!

xoxoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612