"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, August 20, 2012

Thoughts Become Things?

Thoughts become things?

I am doing the Beyond Layers exercises, the funny thing is that I thought it was going to be about using layer in photographs and textures and hints and that sort of thing. It is, but it is much much more. It is turning out for me to be a vehicle for change for one thing. . .
Sometimes, my goals are so high, for me, that it is already set up to be way too difficult to achieve anything even close. I set goals. Do you?
The past couple of years have been tough going staying on the paths I set for myself. Not really because of circumstances but because of the way I choose to think about life. I get caught in a trap that I set for myself when I was about 4 years old. Now that is really silly, I know.
I have some sorrows that I can not change. Those things I try not to think about because they are problems that I can do nothing about. When I was four I decided to be the fixer of the family. Can you imagine a four year old being equipped to deal with helping grown-ups feel better? I thought if I thought a thought it would happen. So I went around holding my breath trying so hard not to think some thoughts. Can you imagine? Magical Thinking is what that is. I know better, now. I know that I was a really smart kid and critically observing of everything and everyone surrounding me. So I thought that if I tried really really hard that I could do something about these things. Ha,
It has taken my whole life to finally realize that that is a waste of time. It just isn't going to happen.
I am back into where I left off more years than I care to tell.
I am listening to Laurie Anderson, again. I am listening to the Dalai Lama, again. I am planted firmly in my traditional beliefs, as I always have been, but, I am opening doors, again.
My dad used to always say that all steeples point up. I believe that is true. But, I am very open to being a spiritual kinda person. I am a very spiritual person. A place of worship does not even need to have a steeple, either. For me anyway. I am open to respect for what others believe. We are all human beings after all. I say just let it be.
I do not believe in coincidences at all. When you are ready the teacher will appear. I learn so much from the kids I teach. I am learning from a lot of gals and guys in cyberspace. It is really funny to me that that is even possible. This keyboard is an avenue to a world out there. It is an avenue to find the things I must need to hear.
I appreciate what is going on on the internet. It is something to think a lot about. And I do!
I feel more like a philosopher sometimes than a visual kinda person trying to create something worth while. I have to laugh how open I have become with telling anyone who reads this blog exactly what is on my mind.
Lately, I have not had as much time as I would like to do those sort of things. But, summer is like that when you get slammed by mother nature over and over. This weather thing is something to recon with, for sure, I have strong thoughts about that, too, but later.
I want to have many friends, no, I have many friends. I share what I know. I have so very much already, material things. I want to know what makes people tick. I am doing art about that.
I think about Yoko Ono and how I tried to sing along with her. My sister thought I was crazy when we were in Amsterdam. She wanted to catch the next plane home. I think about how some artist just keep on going and going. I am going and going.
Now, these thoughts are all things, right?
No pics today, though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612