"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Learning Experience About Blogging

Seldom does a moment come around like this in my life, when it does, I try to pay attention. I ponder and  question myself as to what is my intention. So, I will share this thought process with you:

Why do I blog? I blog because it helps me to work at becoming better at what I do.

It is always a risk to put yourself "out there" for people to see. So. . . should I blog? Yes, of course.

Why not? No one will know that I make mistakes, or that I am not always on point.

Why can I not be crystal clear as to the purpose of this blog? I think about this quite a bit and I have concluded that this blog is very organic and ever changing; it is a reflection of who I am each day.

Am I focused on what I do? Yes, I am very focused in that I do. I just do not do only one thing.

Why am I so willing to share my life experience with people who read blogs?
Because I read blogs. This is an amazing time to be on this planet. I ask myself, everyday, What would Leonardo do? Can you imagine what it would be like to read his blog?

How to be an expert at everything: You can not be an expert at everything. But, you can try.

This brings me to the point of why I am writing this particular post: Yesterday, I decided to share an art piece that I have been working on for a while. I am in a "finish what you start mode", right now. I was trying to take a photograph of this piece and I just couldn't get a picture of what it is. So I decided to put all of the photographs, good, bad, and ugly, on the post. At least, it would show how hard it is to get a good photograph. I am not a photographer, obviously, but it was pointed out to me that it is sad that no one could see the piece because the images are so tiny. I should tell that if you click on the image it can be enlarged.
Well, I put a larger image on the blog. See this is why you should blog. Someone, who cares enough, if you are very very fortunate, might offer a comment that can make a difference in your life.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Dear Bobby
This is why I love your blog :)
I like to see you experiments,
and love to see you growing.
Your museum box is wonderful!!!
When I make a mistake, I laugh and learn.
You are an artist!!!

Have a wonderful day xo

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog and looking at your photographs! I am always inspired. It is like listening to you think outloud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612