"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, August 16, 2010

What is not on my mind

Some pretty strange things have happened in my life. They are so strange that I hesitate to believe them. I have questioned my memory. Have you ever done that?
  1. On the way to my grandmothers house, when I was a child, I watched the blaze of atomic bombs going off in the distance.
  2. At a condo in the DC suburbs I saw a miniature burka dyed in indigo blue intricately stitched and interesting, covering a wine bottle.
  3. My father was sent to Hiroshima to help clean up the aftermath of the bomb. Some little ladies gave him a paper fan that I have saved. I wonder if it is radio-active?
  4. My dog has a pet. It is a toad. She carries it around in her mouth then sets it down on our front porch and barks at it all night long. It has a huge bubble on its' back.
  5. I am always losing something that I put in a safe place so that I will not lose it.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love lost and found memories. That is what the black hat ladies are about--ladies who were lost and then found. My cousin Bob used to push my doll stroller off the porch every day and the wheels would come off. I would cry, but when my Dad came home, he would fix it. he would also make me snow cones by smashing the ice, wrapped in a tea towel, with a hammer on the sidewalk. That certainly seems strange now. Then there are the three sisters I met in three differnt places with no connections between them. Life is always throwing you something to think about.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612