"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just Do It!


A relief came when I woke this morning, I had a telephone, I could get back onto the Internet, and I had water. What are the odds of two major breakdowns in one day? I drove down off the mountain to the nearest point I knew had cell phone service and called the water co. and phone co. It took both until late to restore our service. I am thankful for electricity. At least we had that.
OK, so I am in the mode of setting up new problems to solve in my artistic endeavours, I have some time to devote to whatever I want, except for time I need to do the dailiness things of living. So, What am I going to do?????


Conceptual Art is always on my mind. The problem is that I post things like that.
Most do not get what that is about.
The photo above is something I did last year for a self portrait.
I hold it to a mirror and shoot.
There I am and you can read it.
This image is taken from the cover of one of my favorite books: "The Art of Arts" Anita Albus.
It took weeks to finish this piece.
Not what I normally do in that I never know where I am going when I sit down to free motion
embroider, unless of course, I do a drawing first.
I manipulate images that I create on my computer in many different ways.
I have blogged about this process before.
I call it idea generating.
I have set parameters for doing a series of work.
I decide on color, size, and an idea that is interesting enough for me to do multiples.
In this I find as I go along more interesting techniques to explore which may be part of this series
or perhaps the beginning of a whole new set.

This is where I am, right now.

Summer is dyeing time for me, as well.
So. . .that is included in my dailiness.


That photo above marbleized

The first photo with woodcut treatment.

Now you know that I am more than finished with the image above, and above, and above,
I show these images so you can see where I could go.

I am thinking of what is next??



I bought silk ribbon and silk embroidery thread.
This has to be part of it all.
I want to make book/boxes, too.

Hm mm, if I put it all together
Maybe
Maybe
embroidered boxes?

Stay tuned. . .











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612