"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The pillow made with Magnolia Handspun  Art Yarn using the
the new stripe version and white felted wool
Blanket Stitch Embroidery around the insert in white wool yarn.
I have been searching for a yarn to blend with Michael James Stripes which
I used for kitchen balloon shades and dining chair cushions, obviously, I found some!

I used batik scraps doubled this time to lock in the stitches. I really like the effect
it gives in the background of the yarn.
This pillow is 24" by 24".

Today was my last class for this year.
We had our picnic inside because of the rain, again.

Now, more time for doing some more paper sculpture
and thread paintings, oh so lucky me!

Hope you are having sunshine!
Hugs and thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

Penny Berens said...

Love those little glimpses of the batiks beneath the yarn.

Shirley said...

The pillow really turned out beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person this summer. Love you!

Patricia said...

Hey bobbie

The sun is shining!!!
Love your pillow :)

ENJOY your me-time! xoxox

Unknown said...

Really beautiful. Wonderful texture. I wish I could hold it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612