"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, October 14, 2011

Bird check Reality check

“As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Don't bother to brush it off.
Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance.
Having a sense of humor saves you.”
― Joseph Campbell


I told you that last weekend the new fence is high on my list of to-do's and that the color I chose is periwinkle blue. You ask why? Well, for one thing, it is only paint. I have had this color for years on my old fence. Years ago I saw a garden in a magazine that had different colors for different gardens. It was gorgeous. I thought and thought about what color would make me smile. The other day as I sat on the ground, paintbrush in hand, to see through the slats of blue a perfectly yellow tree against a blue blue sky and just a wisp of an occasional cloud. I stopped painting and just stared at the beauty. The stray cat that has chosen us was rubbing it's head against my leg and I said, "Look at that." The cat just looked into my eyes and said, "Yes."
The post in the corner I painted first. It is a tall post for a bird house. Well, yesterday while waiting for something, I took a tiny walk around the property. The foliage of fall can just take my breath away and it does. The color here is the best ever. Scarlet red, golden chartreuse, perfectly pumpkin orange, and all the shades between just dazzle my mind into oblivion. This gift is free and most treasured.

I snatched some beauty and some time, again. This is the reward I get. This is all I need.

I planned to take a photo of the spot on the tall post where a bird deposited a gift (yuk) onto the freshly painted fence but, it rained so hard I couldn't get outside, so you will have to just picture this in your mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to see blue......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612