"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Love A Surprise!

You know, do you not, how wonderful it is to go to the post office and something unexpected pops-up? I expected a package from Magnolia Handspun. I ordered more yarn and waited a couple of days for the arrival. Yesterday,  my honey stopped by twice and the second time was a charm. It was there!
Along with that, which I will tell you about in just a little minute, was another box with words all over it from my best friend Sara. Sara and I have done mail art in the past which was really fun, I am sure, for Postal Workers. But this was not that.
She was just recycling from a box. But, inside were these very cool eyes. I read her blog day before yesterday about these cool "things" she is making for a change. I thought to myself that those were pretty nifty. But not as marvy as these that she sent to me. 






She makes me laugh all the time with how clever she is. I get eyeballs in the mail every now and then because of this blog. This makes me laugh, too.

The yarn from Magnolia Handspun is way too wonderful, I can hardly wait to get busy on the scribble or squiggle shawl I am ready to knit for someone special. There is enough in one of the balls for another Mag Bag. I love these bags because I can wear something that matches, color-wise, and people can not take their eyes off of them. I carry my toys in the bag to make waiting easier. Like sock knitting and my kindle. I think I have one of the very first Kindles by the way and I love it, especially now that I can carry knitting books on it, too. Anyways, Camilla, is so kind, she sent me a surprise, too. I skein of yarn with my favorite color, red. I keep trying to thank her and she keeps trying to thank me. How funny is that? The new shibori silk I just dyed will match that perfectly, now I need to do something to match the mag bag yarn. I love that! It is nice to have something to inspire the colors of dye I choose.




I am ready to join the shoulder seams on this vest, now. Then it is the picking up of stitches to do the borders. I am loving how the colors are working in this. I am ready to wear this, now. Patience Bobbie!



It is Saturday morning, now. I spent the dark hours just looking at the wonderful things that came yesterday and drinking my coffee. This past week was a tough one for me. So many people here trying to make arrangements for my mom's care. But, I think things will be better, soon. The sun is shining and it is a very beautiful day, today. I might be able to continue painting my periwinkle color on the new fence.
I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend!
I am so grateful for my friends!!!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612