"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Fence


A tiny bit of the new fence in Periwinkle Blue. I think of Lapis Lazuli, the silk road, Afghanistan, and grinding my pigment for egg tempera. I really did do that when I painted in egg tempera. Now it comes in tubes for gouache and oil and acrylic. Big cans of blue paint for a fence might have been more than Vermeer might dream to use so lavishly. Lapis was more valuable than gold leaf at one point in the history of painting.
While I steal an hour here and there to paint my blue I listen to "Stealing The Mystic Lamb" from Audible.com.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Great post, thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612