"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, October 21, 2011

I Mus ta Stepped On a Crack


I am posting once again today to tell you a little funny story.You know how when you were a child walking along the sidewalk on the way to school and you would chant to remember to not step on a crack because you would break your mother's back? Well, this is what that is about. I must have stepped on a crack.
You know that first I got sick a while back and shortly thereafter my mother did as well? She had the cough for about a week and that was gone. I still have it. Day before yesterday I made yet another visit to the doctor for more antibiotics and a chest x-ray. Yesterday morning, I was sitting at the kitchen table with a piece of paper and a pencil making a rubbing of the texture of a saucer, the glass kind that is either pink, peach, or green, or even clear, so that I could take it to class to show the children what I mean when I say we are working on texture and they must do pencil rubbings for a page in their Sketchbook Project. I had intended for us to take a walk around to find things outside but it was very cold and windy and rainy, so plan B. OK, so I turned that piece of paper over and it was an 8.5 x 11" sheet, the insert that the pharmacy had put to warn of these terrible side affects to watch out for with this antibiotic. I was shocked while I read this. Every single thing that happened to my mother was listed on this warning. We had not even looked at this when she got hers. Let this be a lesson for all of us to not ever do that again. The Achilles tendon started it and then dizziness, then auditory hallucinations, then weakness, then peripheral nerve problems, and generally things which were to change our lives forever.
I took her to yet another doctor because an x-ray showed that she had a compression fracture in the mid part of her spine. She did this about a week ago because of the dizziness and weakness, she fell. He ordered an MRI which we had done right away, He made her day by telling her some very good news. They can do a procedure next week to fix this for her. She is very happy about this. I was joking with her yesterday that perhaps when I was walking I must have stepped on a crack.
It is very nice to be laughing about this, now. It is very nice that she has not lost her mind, it is back. Now, I am taking this same antibiotic and believe me if I start hearing a gospel choir singing I will stop the meds right away!
Once in a while there are moments of complete joy. That is what I am feeling this afternoon. I have been knitting Noro and not thinking about painting I am just enjoying looking at the Noro, soon the vest will be finished and I will show you.
I am making an amazing soup with lots of veggies and sweet potatoes and lime, my honey rented The Brides Maids for all three of us to see this evening. The sun is shining and for this moment all is very well.


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Hurray! Things are looking up. The movie is so funny...can't wait to talk to you in the morning. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612