"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Detour







"The fifteen-year old daughter of a friend once addressed the old Jung as follows: "Herr Professor, you are so clever. Could you please tell me the shortest path to my life's goal?" Without a moment's hesitation Jung replied, "The detour!"

Richard Kehl  quotes this in Silver Departures - Quotations to set the mind traveling








So, here I am again, off onto another adventurous detour.
Once, my husband and I were on our way to Lake Powell in Arizona,
we had come the back way over the Three Mesa area of the Hopi
reservation and came to a road that would be a shortcut to save hours
of drive time. So, we turned off that road onto the new road.
I could see it on the map. (I always slip into a passive voice, hmmm)
So, here we are driving a brand new Cutlass Supreme down the middle
of a dry river bed when coming our way were three Indian cowboys
riding on their horses when they stopped to ask if we were lost.
Well, no we were not lost. . .was this not the new road?
You see, I am such an optimist.
Of course, I will never hear the end of this!
It is a super highway, now.
Anyway, back to the detour idea. Starting today,
I am taking a class online, to compliment my detour into embroidery.
I know for sure that this is truly a road worth travelling and it does
complicate  my life, a bit, at this point,
but hey, who knows?
Is this just another jag in the road that is getting me closer to my destiny?

below are some shots I have taken of things I work on:
I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
xoxox









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612