"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fortune Cookie Lines

Last night I had a dream about fortune cookies. I found photographs of cookies made of photographs. The lines of colored paper so tiny and slim stuck out of these cookies. I found myself sitting as if I were Alice at quite a pretty table set with green moss covered teapot and teacups. I drank green tea that tasted differently every single time I took a sip. One time it was of raspberry and another of hot coconut milk, lime, and chicken, Thai soup, of course. Once it even tasted like mango and papaya and salt and lime. Set on a very pretty mica tray were slivers of, oh you know, it is a big ugly vegetable, when peeled tastes like a very crispy potato, with salt and lime and sprinkled Cayenne pepper, with fresh cilantro leaves artfully dropped as if they were random snowflakes. I am Alice, remember? I can not remember the name of that vegetable.
Suffice it to say, I was really most interested in the colorful threads of colored paper with a font I had never seen before. It was not Cuneiform or Sanskrit, for I know what those look like. It was not a Linear A or B (good thing or I might never know what was said). I think it would be so helpful if I started a group.
What if a person were to make fortune cookies out of photographs and took a shot of that? What if inside each cookie might be found an interesting fortune?
I told you this was a dream. My fortune would say, "When something is let go, it will come to you." SPRING


2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Love the idea of of a fortune cookie made from a photograph...oh the fortunes that would be discovered....

Neuroknitter said...

It looks like your dream came to pass!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612