"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, February 1, 2010

Camera Obscura Part TWO

The photo top left is enhanced for contrast,
whereas, the other three are not enhanced.
These images are close-ups of the image on
the wall. I opened the curtain a slight bit today
to see if the image would change as far as the
light was concerned.The lamp is obviously
upside down which is how it is on the wall.
I first became interested in this amazing sight when I lived in San Francisco area. My friend Tracy Hicks a wonderful photographer came to visit and asked to use my garage as a temporary photo studio to do a shoot for Susan Green who does amazing beaded jewelry. While we were in the middle of the session a light blue volkswagen magically appeared on the wall. There was a pinpoint of light coming through the garage door. The volkswagen belonged to my 16 year old daughter. The image was, of course, upside down and backward. I never thought I would see this again.
The funny thing about this new event is that it is because of the magnifying glass I was using on my lamp when I was doing some close up drawings with tiny details that I happened to notice the wall. I moved the glass and the image went away. Normally, you would see a life size image of whatever is projected but because of the magnification, like all else, it is the opposite. It is therefore, tiny. The aperture is the window in the door. And it is large, so normally this would not be a camera obscura. Click on the photo to see a close-up larger image.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the enhanced one and the one under it. The compositions are better, I think. The close up was a good idea!The lines and segments in the third one are really cool. I wouldn't mind seeing those enhanced, but maybe it would take away from the mystery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612