"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where I Have Been For 2 Months


Hello to everyone!

It would take a book to tell you all. Which is NOT what I am going to write, about this.

You know already that I care for my mom. Well, she has been incredibly ill. Two surgeries, one on her back, one an emergency Gall Bladder removal, the old fashioned way. To top it all off she truly was lost in a dreamworld. She thought she was in Wyoming. She had imaginary people, train rides, new scenery, a total alternate reality. Thank Goodness for that, for her sake. For me it has been a nightmare. My whole family came to stay before Thanksgiving and that visit although heart warming is just a blur. I barely remember cooking dinner.
We intended  to put her into a very nice nursing facility, but, she continued to progress, thanks to some dedicated nurses and physical therapists. She is home with me, now and has been for about a week.
I am small and pretty unable to do a lot of lifting, etc. But, somehow, I have managed to take pretty good care of her. Please God hear my plea. Either lighten the load or give me more strength. I feel really good about what we are trying to do. It snowed like crazy here, last night. It is a matter of her safety whether or not I can continue to do this.
We shall see. . .but, in the meantime, I am going to try to make a pleasant Christmastime for our three little family. My honey helps with everything he can and he works more than full time at his store.
On one of my quick trips to Charlotte, NC, to the airport to pick-up the family, I visited Anthropologie which is my most favorite place!!!
I picked up a few props for my photography.
Today, was the first day I would be back to school and it was delayed for the icy roads. I devised a Christmas card for the kids to make but it will wait until the  next class.
Here are a few snaps of what I have been working on the past few days, in my ha ha spare time.

I have missed my blogging buddies! I have missed looking at all of the wonderful posts you all make.

I think about this all the time.
I hope I have not lost everyone!

I consider every event a challenge to see what I am able to come up with to do in a positive way.
I wish you each and every one a blessed day.








4 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry to read about your mom's illnesses! I hope your mom continues to recover and progress--quickly and completely!

Holding a place of healing and well-being for your mom, you and your family in our thoughts and prayers! xo

p.s. I never thought to check out Anthropologie for photo props...hmmmm :)

Unknown said...

Glad to see you. I have been here waiting................

Shirley said...

So glad you are back. Even though I was there with you for 10 days, it was a fast and furious trip. I got to share a lot of pain and comfort watching mom and being with you. You are the best sister and daughter anyone could ever ask for. You are and have been a blessing to Mom and have done such a great job of caring for her all these years. I love you!
Your sis, Shirley

fjord girl said...

Hi Bobbie- I am giving you a big hug from Montana. Oh dear...can I ever relate.
I am very glad that you are making the most of it and battling on -taking a breath and enjoying Christmas and the Holidays.
You are never forgotten...and I hope you noticed that I wrote you a comment on the prior post as well.
Loving your images, great props.
Ciao
camilla
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612