"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fiber Origami

This is what I did instead. . .

This is what I wrote to answer a question. . .

Talk about a showstopper, for me this is it. For two days I have been contemplating exactly what to say, I am speechless.
You know the little sign that goes on on the dashboard. . .that lights up in red. . .airbags. . .? Well, my husband always points to that when he is driving and I am the passenger. For some unknown reason, whenever I am  in a car, the verbal, creative, deep deep well of ideas, freely flow from my mouth. I am really very quiet but thinking all the time.
When I was a child there was no stopping me. I spent the entire time thinking up something to do and then did it. Like when I decided to connect all of my playmates to a network of tin can tele-somethings. Of course, it did not work because we put string anchored with bobbie pins all the way around the block and ran a connection to each house. The point of this failure does not matter, it was the idea and the process of just doing it that I remember with pure delight. 
I would tap dance on an upturned galvanized tub and sing, “I Want To Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart,” at six in the morning. . .
So, you get the idea that I am more creative than not.
It is the well full of wonder and beginning that I dip  my bucket daily to bring something fresh into being.
My problem seems to be editing.


Have a really nice day everyone. . .XOX




3 comments:

fjord girl said...

I can "see you" perfectly Bobbie. This how I imagine you to be as well. Always creative , thoughts free flowing and with an open heart!
Happy wednesday!
xo

Neuroknitter said...

Love this post (Love you!!)!! I hope you never ever stop dipping the bucket of creativity...and please, never edit your creativity!! We'd organize an intervention if you did!!

More power to the process!! :) :)

Shirley said...

Being your "little sister" was the best part...I got to kick the bucket! Just kidding. Bobbie you were and still are the best sister anyone could ever want. The stories are all true and we do have many fond memories.
Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612