"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, September 27, 2010

Batik or what?


Hello,
This is a rainy day clean-up day
You know the kind. . .
The problem is always. . .
I get distracted.
I would much rather be. . .


Eco-Batik

I went to MISH MISH yesterday in Blacksburg, Va.
my local art supply store. . .
to buy Bee's Wax and a Tjanting tool.
I have always loved Inger McCabe Elliott's fabric;
When I had my first home in Dallas, Texas,
I used her fabric in every room that I could.
I love Batik fabric but I love the traditional older designs most of all.
I have her book Batik-Fabled Cloth of Java which I glance at
every now and then from my collection of Fiber Art books.
Working in the "Slow Cloth" movement
I find that I want to tackle this technique while
coloring fabric with natural dyes found from nature.

If you click on the link above it will take you to where other artists are doing this too.
Oh yes, one more thing. . .
My personalized Moleskin notebook arrived from the Sketchbook Project!
Now I can work on that, too.
(I have already started and my topic is Secret Code) 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612