"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Little loopy using Batiks Etc. scrap bag Part 1

THIS is going to be a fold up knitting needle case for a Sock Knitter
Who has many sizes of needles
Who makes many sizes of socks.
It is a great thing to live close to a great quilt store  where I made a
visit yesterday with my mom.
Mom makes great baskets and bracelets using these grab bags
I do loopy things with it too.
What I love about this is that it is scrap material that is beautiful and
it is practical and it is colorful and I love batik because it is colored
through and through, no need to worry about a wrong side showing
because there is none and the best part is that it is cut, already, which
saves my hands and my limited time.
I have no affiliation with the quilt store but I want you to know that they
spend a lot of time working with my mom who is getting up in her years
and has physical limitations which do not slow her down as long as she
can sit or have something to hold on to. I listened to her all the way home
talking about how much she loves the people in the store and how nice they
are to her.
In this world it is very nice to have human contact that is pleasant.
Part 2 of this I will show the finished lined, Velcro-ed, be-ribboned, case, and
a couple of mom bracelets she makes.
Stay tuned!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Beautiful fabrics and colors!
And I love to see your loopy thing :)
Wonderful happy place for your mother!!!
I'm curious what she makes ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612