"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, September 24, 2010

Lost In The Thickets

You must travel at random,

Like the first Mayans.

You must risk getting lost in the thickets,

But that is the only way to make art.
Tezcatillipoca


Dyeing with Goldenrod today was quite an experience.
I soaked the flowers for a couple of days prior to simmering them
in water for part of the day. Then I placed the shibori prepared silk
into the strained mixture and waited while it simmered, barely.
It was a very dry hot day so that when I removed this fabric from the
pot I immediately hung it to dry. It dried this afternoon. I removed the
metal clips and gently unfolded the piece.
I have another, still in the cooled dye pot, that I will leave for a day or so.
I can see the difference, then.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Yoohoo, nice experimenting!
Fun to do!
I like the Mayas:) And I'll be back for the rest !!!!!

Unknown said...

Dyeing at last. Too cool. I will be anxious to see if there is a difference.I have acorns simmering but they have yet to release much color. Maybe I should smash them?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612