"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, December 19, 2010

List Making - Walking In The Snow

It was before the sun came up, oh yeah, no sunshine, just daylight, just before.
The absolute best morning ever
 I smiled as I was putting on a t shirt a black wool turtleneck sweater a bright red hooded zip-up sweatshirt a Noro wool knitted scarf a long black wool coat buttoned with the cross over my neck woolen socks leather boots black leather fur lined gloves and other things underneath all of this stuff. . .
hubby leading the way with a flashlight crunching the snow and looking at animal tracks in the process which was very interesting in itself
I carried a snow pusher and he carried a big shovel
Straight out of Dr. Zhivago
Ice was under a dusting of snow over every teeny tiny thing and every big thing too
from upon this mountain you can see forever and it was magnificent
Little lights far away and lights flashing from cell phone towers in the distance
frozen fog
have you ever seen that?
We drove my silly red pick-up off of the mountain on icy roads that had not been plowed from the new snow overnight   
 very careful we were
I made it
I took a day trip  to the nearest larger town where Virginia Tech lives
Unbelievable the traffic and crowds
I got caught up in the spirit and everyone was bearing a smile
everyone was happy to get out from being snowbound
we watched more snow falling and it was beautiful
 I see snowflakes on my black coat as pretty as you please
homeward bound after all of this
sleet began
Picked-up hubby from where he spent his day
he drove home
we walked back the way we had come and by then
you guessed it the sun was going down no sun just light
he just asked me
do you want to do that again and go out for brunch?
I feel invigorated from my day yesterday
What do you think I will do?


I am supposed to be making a list of what I plan to do
It is on to new things
new work
the medium might change



1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wish I was there with you walking, talking, shopping and playing in the snow!
Love you bunches,
Shirley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612