"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1 ~ Picture The Holidays ~ Grateful


I am still missing the West.
Lucky for me that I found this box of incense
in a shop in San Francisco when I lived there a
while back. Funny thing is that I was as far west as I could go
without falling into the ocean but I was missing Santa Fe which
was certainly east of where I was then.
The moral of this story is to bloom where you are planted.
And while you are doing that you can light up a little
pinion in your kitchen and just pretend.
I am grateful for my box of incense and my silk and yarn
It is snowing outside this very moment which is pretty great.
This morning I saw the two teenage deer babies grazing just below my window.
How much better can it get than this???
Oh yes, One more thing. . .
my oven is in self clean mode right now
pretty cool that I don't have to do it the hard way.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

I know how you feel Bobbie. I feel the same way everytime I put my x-country skis on- a connection to my childhood and Norway.

Yes, indeed selfcleaning oven- grateful.
Washing machine and dryer with 4 kids- yes, even more grateful.

Neuroknitter said...

I was thinking of that "bloom where you are planted" quote just this morning!! :)

Deer babies, snow and a self-cleaning oven...Sweet!! :)

Unknown said...

I had the deer but no snow. This morning there were twelve of them at the bottom of the slope below my house. I think they were waiting for me to bring them some tortillas!

Bobbie Casey said...

test people are telling me they can't leave messages??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612