"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, December 17, 2010

Mending a Heart


5:30 A.M.
Yesterday, I wrote a story on this blog and then I took it off because even though it was bitter sweet and funny and sad it said more than I wanted it to say even though that was not my intention. Even though it was my intention to make you laugh or cry but not REALLY. It made my sister cry, too. I like to see the humor in life hidden in the background. Irony is more like it.
I read my stories to my Mom. That one made her cry because she realized at once that I love her and that sometimes you just have to accept that what is is. Me too.
It is funny how things work out. I was upset because my daughter can not come home for the holidays because of the snow.

BRRRR






Yesterday it was a VERY GOOD THING that she did not come here because my precious little granddaughter was operated on to remove her APPENDIX. Good thing mommy was there to be at her side.
It seems that is where I always get into trouble. I feel sad when something like snow keeps people away.
What good is that?
Sometimes you just have to snap out of it!
I hope I remember this life lesson for more than 10 seconds. . .
Next year I should probably read todays blog to remind myself of this just in case there is CLIMATE CHANGE.


I love Gertrude Stein because I think she paved the way for it to be alright to write without commas and write down what pops into your mind without editing the life out of everything one might write I say this because this is how I do it. I told myself that this is OK even though I do know all the rules I choose to break them.






Yesterday I received a package from my best friend in the world. She sent this just to cheer me up. I did not want to open it but I did just so she would know what I think. It is a Christo kind of thing.
Now it is still this way but I do know that there are things in these packages but I love the idea of these just sitting here showing me that life IS full of promise and that anticipation of anything is usually more fun. It is like Christmas. The fun of it is the process. Then it is being together. I remind  myself that everyone lives inside of my heart and mind anyways and that I can conjure them up whenever I want so it is all good.



4 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I understand what you mean about revealing too much. A blog is like a diary. Except there is no lock on it. It is wide open. There is a fine line in knowing where to stop without editing the life out of a post.

Unknown said...

We each have two girls and in both cases, one is gone and one is too far away. It is very difficult to stay up and cheerful for the holidays. I will do my best and I know you will too. stay well and love the ones you are with....

Unknown said...

I should have said, love them all, but celebrate with the ones you are with!

Shirley said...

Bobbie,
That was beautiful. I love you!
Shirley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612