"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And now I am at home




On a rainy day
after work is done
coming home
is a very nice thing
When the birds outside
are busy eating seed. . .
inside these remind me
of days to come.
I saw
 5 white tail deer
running toward my house
early this morning
as I passed them on my road.
I wondered if they will eat the daffodils
Do deer eat daffodils?
I am so happy to see green grass
where the Robins were pulling up juicy worms.




Kitty high upon the shelf is a gift
from my daughter
I see it and I think of her
The funny Tea Pot
will be used today
to warm
us with sips of Lapsang Souchon Tea
The spelling I am wondering?
I sit and knit some linen
for a vest to wear this coming season.
I think of the children in my class
of how they love the puppets.
We are learning a song about spring and birds.




Fresh bread for dinner tonight
and sugar coated lemon peel
is in the jar.
I made the candied lemon this weekend.
I will dip these in chocolate.
To top my lemon dessert.

Time to make dinner for my honey.
He is coming home tonight.

All is well, here!

I hope the same for you.













Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are making me homesick. Time to start thinking of a summer visit to see you, Jim and Mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612