"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, March 12, 2011

What is THE Motif?


I like to move back and forth in time. . .
my time. . .
past time. . .
inside the spiral. . .
up
then
down
back
up
back down

What is my motif?
In my studio many things are going on
during any given day
Is it Thread Painting?
Or paper/mixed media sculpture
Is it a book in a box?
Is it painting and then scan. . .
is it origami?
Is it Mt. Fuji?
Is it the ballet of Mt. Fuji?

Is it the scan of my painting
then manipulated
folded?

What else can I do?
One thing leads to another.

Is it letters and drawings of letters?

I do not have one motif. . .
That is what I am thinking. . .
I want to have an open ended
concept. . .

How about you?

What is your motif?







2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Unbelievable Bobbie- I am speechless. These are all so amazing, beautiful how you work with design and space.
Gosh, so creative...do you do this by your self or do the kids get do any of this too? (I have to show my older ones this)

My motif?
Paint Living room in the morning...enjoy the afternoon in the SUNSHINE- with my fam...weeee!
Keeping it simple.

Unknown said...

motifs that come up again and again--spiral,chair,ladder,leaf,hands--and more but my mind just decided to tske a break!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612