"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, March 14, 2011

Motif Again for lunch

OK now here is something to think about. . .
Motif. . .
Repetition. . .
Rhythm. . .
Photography. .
I keep trying to find images
which could already be
in my environment
to photograph.
The part of this prompt that has  me stumped is
motif???
Is it personal?
Is it universal?
Is it part of a pattern language?
While thinking about this topic for the past few days
I have explored on the internet things that could be
related to fiber, mostly.
OK now to me paper is fiber too, right?
I am just trying to be true to myself.
Well, above is a portion of a box for a book. . .
but it could be a design for a thread painting
or
a quilt?
Or just a photograph.
While contemplating this I found:
http://www.patternity.co.uk/

OK, now you tell me what you would do!

What is motif to you?

1 comment:

Bonnie M. Broussard said...

I have been thinking about motif for a few days now after reading your posts. Can layering be a motif? When I write I am interested in words or sets of words that have more than one meaning; in a way it feels to me like building word sculptures because depending on which way you approach them they tell you something different.
When I was painting, I was interested in glazing and being able to gilmpse the structure of things below the surface. But also something where the image itself may be very simple and minimal, open enough to leave lots of space to see it anew every time I give it my attention...leitmotif of polyvalence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612