"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kindness ~ Just because


Yesterday was my mother's Birthday
So, I asked her where she would like to go to celebrate
We would have lunch out anyplace she chooses
So, if you know my mom. . .
She is really funny. . .
She has a mind of her own. . .
She likes to make things for people like teddy bears for little kids and
the beautiful baskets of clothesline and batiks.
It is pretty amazing that she can do this at her age. . .
especially because she is blind in one eye,
she lost her sense of smell,
and it hurts her greatly to walk. . .but she still does walk.

So she wants to go to Batik's Etc. which is luckily less than an hours drive away.
So that is exactly what we did
I have been taking her here for about 15 years.
This is the front of the historical building on the main street
in Wythrville, Virginia
How lucky can we be to have one of the best quilting shops in America
so very close by!
It is a nice large building with two stories jam packed with Batiks and
fabric of every kind you can imagine.
this is just a portion of a room completely filled with Batik
This is what they gave to her when I told them it was her
birthday wish to go to their shop.(more batik scraps for her baskets, lots more)
How generous and thoughtful
They always treat my mother well. They let her scoot around the store
in their office chair.
my mom is a fiber-holic.
She used to be a quilter for a zillion years. But that is a bit much
for her to handle, now.
Carol Britt is the owner of the store and she is so friendly and helpful.
I love the staff. They are so cheerful.
This is the card they gave her!
This is my mom!
She had such a great time yesterday shopping and then we went out for lunch.
On a very sad note. . .
My best friend who made the fiber art piece in this picture
SARAMUZ
Fell down her stairs over the weekend and broke her neck.
She broke her arm, as well.
Some of you may know Sara
I believe in the power of prayer
She is going to be alright
but it will be quite a strain on her not
being able to spin and knit and bead and paint and cook and and and
So. . . If you will. . .Keep her in your thoughts!

Until we meet again. . .XOXOXO






4 comments:

Shirley said...

Thanks for making Mom's birthday so special. I miss you both so much and would love to have been with you yesterday.

Bobbie, I'm so sorry to hear about Sara. I know how special she is to you. My prayers are with her.
Love you,
Shirley

Magnolia Handspun said...

I am so sorry to hear the news of your friend Bobbie, I see her commenting here often, please tell her that she is my thoughts and I wish a speedy recovery for her.

As for your mother...she must be an earth angel.
It's amazing what a little little kindness can do- I guess it came full circle.

It's in the shelter of each other that people live
Irish Proverb.
xo

Unknown said...

thanks so much

Patricia said...

Sweet mom you have :) Happy birthday!
So sorry to hear about Sara :(
Wish her ​​the best!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612