"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Looking Back ~ Looking Forward ~ Stitch



In my stash of vintage textiles I found this Donkey
Hen's Teeth has been writing about toy donkeys
recently. When I found this I thought of her blog
which is inspiring to me and I thought I would share.

I saw a donkey the other day when I was driving to clear
my head. A real donkey.

I have several petticoats from the Victorian era that I wear
during the home tours where I help out twice a year.

This one has embroidery eyelet done entirely by hand.
There are many tucks done with a machine which I imagine
was a treadle machine.


I continue to knit at night the linen vest. It is slow going
but enjoyable.
Spring is teasing us, here. . .
Frost and quickly melting snow.
I have many flowers in bloom and the pear trees are
trying to bloom. I hope they are smarter than I am.
Have a nice day!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612