"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Magnolia Bag Tutorial Supply List

image_thumb[84]
Supply List
Lock Hook
Scissors
Needles
Straight pins with beaded heads
Measuring tape or ruler
Rug Canvas 3.75 squares per inch
1 hank of Magnolia Yarn in color of choice
Silk or batik cotton strips 3/4 inch wide by 75 yards long (made of short strips that will be joined as you go)
Silk to line inside of bag (I use hand dyed Shibori)
Silk or Cotton Sewing Thread to match Lining Fabric
20 inches by 3inches  strip of matching silk to make fastening cord
1 beautiful bead that has a hole all the way through, sideways
Linen Thread or strong cotton to attach Bead to Bag


Here is the first part with the supply list, I had some unexpected circumstances today to deal with and I did.
So, After my class tomorrow, I will post the rest of the tutorial.

Have a nice evening!

2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Wonderful Bobbie,
-have to get rug canvas.
Thank you so much for sharing this.

Unknown said...

I founs some rug canvas at the thrift store for a dollar, so bought it in case I might need it sometime. Well guess what? I remembered they had another piece, so I went back and bought that too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612