"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dyeing for Taos

I recall Taos Pueblo as water blue eyes. I met a native who was selling earrings
of turquoise she stopped me in my tracks with her beauty.
That trip I shared with my little daughter with wonder through her vision I saw
it anew.
The color of sage and pinion and purple of the sacred mountains, the color
of the Rio, climbing the pueblo ladders, the rushing little river where we fished
together for trout, the picnic packed by our hotel for us to share, these are
the sights I remember and try to dye silk, as if. . . 


Red Ristra's carried home to form a sauce to douse the Christmas Tamales I
create every year. Luminaries to light the way to my house here in the wilderness
and of course the candles in the windows for those to find their way home, this is
what I think about while I go about my work.
This is the beginning of the Season, for me. . .

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I have never been to Santa Fe, but now I have.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Sounds so beautiful- lovely memories...
I can completely visualize it.
Taos is on my wish list- no place that I'd reather visit this moment. I am "dyeing" to see works of Georgia and visit her gallery/museum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612