"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Magnolia Wool Bag


Magnolia Hand spun Yarn Bag
I told you that I had a purpose in mind
for the beautiful yarn that came earlier this week.
The ivory Chinese bead is the closure when
two hand dyed silk cords come from the back to
slide under the bead.



This is the back of the bag.



Inside is silk shibori which I hand dyed recently.


This is a look at the lining.

I am enjoying working with the yarn; it is so colorful and
it is a pleasure to think that this was spun by hand by a friend.
I already placed another order with her and I can't wait to
get it in the mail. I have already done the lining for that piece
which is natural indigo dyed silk that I did this summer. 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! What a delight to see what you did with that lovely yarn. I look forward to seeing the next one.......

Patricia said...

Beautiful!!!
And I love the yarn too :)

Have a wonderful week! xo

Magnolia Handspun said...

My jaw dropped on the keyboard and my nose is in the puter screen ....Exquiste!
I how you dyed the silk ...it goes so beautifully together,truly one of a kind piece.
I am trying to figure out if you knit, crochet or maybe did you weave this?
The texture is fabby how you did this.

Thank you so much for your order...I'll have it off to you tomorrow a.m.(can't wait to see what you come up with next)

Shirley said...

I think you should send this to me for my birthday!
Love you,
Shirley

Susan said...

This is so beautiful. You and C...what a wonderful blending of talent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612