"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fish For March - Dye a little indigo

Indigo and White Fish
The base for my March Beaded Project
I am a bit behind in the beaded project but it is fun.
So, I did a drawing and then machine embroidery.
When this is complete you will not see a lot of this.
Hand embroidery and beads and. . .

I am into indigo
It is getting closer to Indigo Vats
dipping and hanging.
This is why I love warmer weather!

Have you seen the cover of Issue 4 2011 Anthropologie 's catalog?
The Araca Pencil Skirt?
It is indigo dyed with pleats and wrap around. . .I think.
Now THAT is a great reason to  dye some fabric with indigo!

I am anxious to do some nice work this Spring aren't you? 

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Love the fish and color indigo ;)
I have a nice link...
http://www.freeweb.hu/bluedye/english/ehistory.htm
How is the book of Hungary?
we are moving to the lowlands (puszta).

Happy sunday XO

Unknown said...

Lovely fish. Looking forward to seeing everything you do! You are clearly my inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612