"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, April 8, 2011

Colorful Life ~ You Never Know

Just when you think you have a grip on life
circumstances make you drop the ball. . .
No home run this time.
This is the sixth week of the photo workshop
This is the reflection.


Remember I told you about my friend Sara
falling down the stairs and breaking her neck?
Well, she is much better and got the brace off of her neck.
She sent me a package with the sweet chicks inside.
I love these.
You know I have all kinds of easter toys.
I have chickens that lay eggs (bubble gum)
and ducks that walk their babies all in a row
and rabbits that hop
and a big egg that screams out,  "Is somebody out there. . .
Let me out, let me out."
and many more.


This past week I have been really feeling badly,
tmi is not what you want, so suffice it to say,
when you black out and do not know why, it is pretty scary.
I am better now, and I do not know why.
But, I am better and so this is my first post this week.
Things were a bit fuzzy.

The contrast between the two
is startling. Last weekend I was in Winston/Salem, N.C.
and was scared to death by a sign that suddenly came to life
while I was walking by it. My hubby had a great laugh while my
heart was thumping away. Never ever have I been scared by a sign before.

Chicks are a sign of Spring for me.
I would go to the local farm bureau to buy baby chicks and raise them.
I would keep them in a galvanized tub on top of my washing machine with a hot light to keep the babies warm.
I miss that! Spring inside my laundry room until the outdoor temps warmed.
This year we are still having snow and it is crazy!

Really crazy. . .
our government is shutting down and Libya is not looking good.
My son-in-law is in Afghanistan
interpreting.
Having said all of the above. . .
I am so very grateful for all of the blessings in my life.
My pear tree is in full bloom today.
The little league has started the new baseball season, nearby.
My uncle is on his way to visit with my mom
and we will have some good food and company today.
I sure hope you all are doing well!
Thank you to all of the peeps who stop by this blog.
You don't say much, but I know from the stats that you are there.
Have a wonderful weekend.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am here! X Love seeing the chicks! Good to read a message from you reflecting on life! Good to hear your "voice".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612