"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, April 22, 2011

Such a GOOOOOOD Friday

Today is the day to plant potatoes. That is what my great grandfather would say, if he were here. Today, I will be outside grooming flower gardens. I love to pull weeds.
When I was a child, if ever I were silly enough to tell my mom that I was bored, that would be what she would send me back outside to do. You would think I would hate pulling weeds because of that, but no, I truly enjoy the task. Detailing the edges of the beds with a shovel is another task I enjoy.
Soon it will be time to plant some seeds of giant Sunflowers. I have to keep the birds around. They entertain us all winter long, and I do mean LONG. Two years in a row we have had the worst time of it.
Real Eyes!
This is so clever!
Now I can wear these if I do not feel like floating in space!
Yesterday was the school easter egg hunt and parties. I have been very busy with the children lately. No time to blog.

I received the most wonderful gift from the Netherlands. My friend Patricia, of Potje Thee  is so creative and has a style that is so colorful and original. She makes the most delightful fiber items that always make me smile.
It came wrapped in lovely paper with words in Dutch
The cutest card with sweet sentiments
tiny blue dutch shoes
a ball filled with a lovely sachet
and a spring flower crochet.






Thank you so much Patricia for your thoughtfulness and kindness. I will treasure these gifts!
How cool is this!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Weekend!
Family, Food, Easter Parade, Bonnets, Eggs, Baskets,
Friends!!! I know I will.


3 comments:

Patricia said...

Soon I will also plant GIANT sunflowers!
I am glad that the gifts make you smile :-)
Happy Easter my friend XO

Neuroknitter said...

That Patricia is too sweet! What cute eyes!! They make me smile, too!!

Happy Weekend, and Happy Easter my friend!! Enjoy your planting!!xo

Unknown said...

Come plant with me! What a wonderful day you are having..........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612