"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mt. Fuji Ballet and Krakatoa



I am working on manipulating images in embroidery at this time.
While I work I listen to books on my I-Pod
Krakatoa is what I am listening to at the moment.
You can find the book in my book box at the right side.
 My  interest in The Silk Road 
is linked to my interest in the impact of technology; how it changes the world, as we know it.
The trading that came about in spices and silk, such a long time ago,
impacted commerce and exploration, discovery and innovation,
which led to the world being as it is.
The internet is the great equalizer, now.
Images and ideas come to me in my work
as I ponder what I read.
Volcano images are personal iconic symbols,
they creep into my artwork.
As a child I wanted to know about this.
My imagination would be filled with what ifs.
What if that dormant volcano came to life?
Why did they stop being active. . .
Below is a 3D image of Mt. Fuji 
I found this image today and realized that here is another instance
of a connection with something that is in the air.
See we are connected.
If we were only big enough or small enough
we could prove that.
I contemplate moving around between the atoms in my minds eye.
What you do or do not do matters to me.


Krakatoa
Image from Wikipedia

3D image of Mt. Fuji

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Asybaris01


Again, I show the paper sculpture box
 Mt Fuji Ballet


Another Mix Media sculptural box
I did this painting in gouache
then I scanned it into my computer to manipulate the image

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So interesting. I am still learning about Mark T. and you are into volcanos. Did you read that book on Pompeii I told you about? Our minds go faster then our brains. I have questions for the Great and Powerful Oz. How about you?

Bobbie Casey said...

Oh yes I certainly do! Where is he when you need him?
No, I didn't read it yet but my mom did. She loves it. I have that on my list to buy.

Did you see the Pompeii exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Fine Art? Way back when?
That has stayed with me all of this time. Steph is haunted by the people frozen in time that were in the exhibit.
I can not stop thinking about the radiation in Japan. I told you that my dad was sent to the atomic bomb sites to help clean up. I wonder what he would say about radiation, once again.
Stupid, that we ever let this loose on our planet. Better not mess with Mother Nature.
What happens in a natural way is breathtaking and as dangerous as it can get.
I am thinking of Chile, too. Hope nothing happens there any time soon or I will command my mind to stop thinking about places.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612