"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Connection/Touchtone

Thinking about something that resonates as sublime
like the first time you ever heard "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"
or
a starry night on top of the mountain in Sequoia National Park
or
the most perfect slice of lemon meringue pie

when the experience is so perfect

that you pause

to wonder

this is what I am talking about. . .


This is how I felt when I did this first piece of thread painting.
I realized that this is what I want to do. This is my personal touchstone.
It speaks only to me, though.
It is the hovering of color in a space created
 with thread. For me it vibrates.
A touchstone is used to verify whether or not a stone is gold.
This is my touchstone. I compare everything I do to this.
This does not happen, very often.

The video of Episode 2 1978 Connections is interesting to me in that
I come back to this over and over in my thinking but each time
I see it with new eyes and compare it to what is happening in our world
today with all of our technology.
What is your touchstone?


1 comment:

Penny Berens said...

And what a beautiful touchstone it is too... just as delicious as that slice of lemon meringue pie. You are making me think....I have a piece I might consider my touchstone. One of the first pieces that is so personal it holds a piece of my soul within it's stitches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612