"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, September 23, 2011

When I Can't Sleep I think of this


Dreamer
gouache on paper
digitally manipulated 
I should be sleeping but. . .
Forever young, inside my heart is what I be.
My grandmother was in the hospital having cancer treatment,
before she did that,
she had a tiny house built for us to stay,
this is where I discovered my love of nature.
Chico was the birds name which she loved dearly
My aunty brought the cage outside so Chico might enjoy
the soft breeze and beauty of that day,
I opened the cage and he flew away.
I may have told you this story before?
I fell on my knees to pray
that God would send him back to his home
sitting just outside our little vacation cottage.
HE did and he did come back.
That was the summer I found out about pure faith.
Did I tell you that I found her diamond, just the stone,
at my house, in the bathtub, not a ring, just the stone?
I remind me of my mother, she tells the same stories over and over.
I listen, over and over. 
I read an article in a magazine at the doctor's office the other day about Angie Harmon sp? Anyway, I love what she said about falling on her knees to pray for the safety of her children or whatever is important to her. Now, I do not think of myself as a particularly religious person but this struck a cord inside my heart.
I think of her as in Law and Order. She has a spirit that matters to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612