"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, September 30, 2011

Peter Beard/Isak Dinesen/Ernest Hemingway/What do they have in common?


I have the book that Peter Beard did of his daily art journal. It is amazing.
If you have the chance take a look at it. I have had this for years and years
I am sure it is no longer in print.
He was a  friend to Isak Dinesen. That in itself is interesting.
Hemingway wrote about Mt. Kilimanjaro. of course.
His widow was with Peter Beard at the opening of a photography show.
I love Isak Dinesen. She was a true heroin living her life in Kenya.
I am such a romantic. Of course I am, it is my Danish blood.
Below you will see another volcano that is iconic for me.
Mt. Kilimanjaro and Peter Beard being interviewed.






Mt Kilimanjaro

wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Kilimanjaro_3D.gif






Video of  a conversation with Robert Vavra and his book Inside Africa. 
In this gorgeous book are stories and photographs
of these artists and many more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612