"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Magnolia Triangular Over the Shoulder Cowl



Remember a few months ago I did the Magnolia Squiggle Shawl?
Well, that time I used Kid Silk Haze and Magnolia Art Yarn.
I have done a new design using the simple form of the triangle, again.
This time I used the new Merino/Silk fine yarn dyed to the same colorway
as this art yarn instead of kid silk haze and I love it.
This is a very simple thing to do.
I used size 13 circular needles and the Debby New squiggle technique, again.
It is a denser triangle, this time.
I started out with casting on three stitches
and added a stitch right after the first and another
 just before the last stitch on each purl row going back with the silk/merino yarn.
Then I pick up the art yarn and knit a row then purl a row then drop this yarn
to pick up the merino and silk, and so on.
Do this until the ball of art yarn is almost gone.
Bind off using the thinner yarn.
(see Debby New's Book for her technique)





This shows it finished with the closure.




Here you see it is just a triangle.





Another view of the triangle.



Fold it in half long wise, the long side goes over one of your shoulders.




The short side is the neck. You can use a stick or a chop stick or pin to close this, as you see
above.
It fits perfectly and is a wonderful way to wear the art yarn! I can hardly wait for cold weather.
This particular ball was 55 yards long.
I am knitting another article with the thinner merino/tussah silk yarn that was
 left (approx. 1100 yards - 55 yards) which
I will share in a couple of weeks.













Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bobbie Casey said...

I hope this is working now!

Shirley said...

Beautiful! Would love to see a picture of it on you.

Patricia said...

Love the shawl and yarn!

I'm happy that it is still warm here, but in the evening I can use it.

XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612